Sunday, April 29, 2012

Giddy

I am a member of the Fat Quarter Shop's Moda Charm Pack club.  Which means that my fabric habit is constantly being fed.
I pieced together the top (not including borders) in about 2 hours last week after work.  I had to wait until I got back to my sewing suite to add the borders and do the quilting. 
This is Giddy by Sandy Gervais for Moda Fabrics.  Perfect for little people that need quilts.  Don't they all need quilts?  I think so!
Here it is, all loaded up and ready to go.  
I decided to pull from the fabric prints and quilted the blocks with a cute little flower.  Maybe not the most perfect flower, but you can tell it is a flower.
I thought some close-up shots of the flowers were in order.  See, not so bad after all.  
Butterfly-trail loops join the flowers together and help to fill in some of the empty space between the flowers.
I think this one is pretty awesome on the backing.  I just love that bright red flannel.  I'm off to attach the binding.  Not the most glamorous part, but it means it is almost done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.