Sunday, April 29, 2012

Springtime Quilting

I tried to make the jelly roll race quilt with a smaller jelly roll (a standard jelly roll is 40-42 strips, this one was only 20).  Let's just say that it didn't work out the way I expected.  After some ripping, and cursing, and cutting, and sashing, I managed to get it to be more square.
I think the overall effect came out quite nicely.  I even managed to add some of the piecing to the back of the quilt, which is always a nice touch.
The quilting is nice, if you don't look too closely.  I had a bit of difficulty with the tension on the long-arm. I overcame it, but not until I'd quilted more than half of the quilt.  The learning curve for any new machine is something you just have to work through.
Binding attached.  I'll work on getting that finished over the next week.
Here is the back, which is still pretty neat, poor quilting or not.

Don't expect a post for about a week, I've got to work and do all the other things life requires.  Hopefully, I'll be able to sneak in some piecing, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I can not respond to your comment.