Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Gilded

Last week there was an amazing sale over at Urban Threads.  Their new pack, Gilded Heraldry, was on sale and I couldn't resist.  I picked it up before I really knew what I was going to do with it.  Then, it occurred to me that I knew exactly what to do with it.  Well, mostly.

Months ago.  Maybe more like a year ago.  I picked up some denim jackets at a thrift store in Virginia.  I knew I wanted to add embroidery, but not what embroidery.  Urban Threads always puts out great sets, so I knew one would come along that would fit my collection of jackets.
I tried on a couple of these denim pieced and settled on this one made by Levi Strauss.  I picked a design that would fit into the side panels and started stitching.  I stitched this design on both sides of the jacket.  The other side is the mirror image of this one.  I thought about the back design for a while before settling on the eagle.
I think I would have had better results if I had basted better.  This denim does have some stretch to it.  Since it is my jacket, I just won't point it out to anyone and it will be fine.

I even considered opening up one of the seams on the sleeve so I could add some more embroidery, but decided it was done.  This is one that I could have gone totally over-the-top with if I didn't rein myself in.

The thread is Magnifico #2176, Cinnamon, from Superior Threads.

2 comments:

  1. I am a sucker for those Urban Threads designs. :) I always buy the 'hand embroidery' option - but I really like what you have done with m.e. Someday maybe I will learn how to do that (by then, you will be teaching the art:)

    :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is perfect and you stopped at exactly the right spot. Such cool tricks!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.