Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Charity Quilting Whirlpools

Occasionally I decide that the simple meander isn't always the best answer.
When I loaded up this quilt I wanted to take swirls in a different direction.  I bring you whirlpools.  (If you want to see a similar design stitched on a domestic machine I recommend checking out Leah Day's tutorial video on her site.  She has loads of great video tutorials that are great for both long arm quilters and those that free motion quilt on their domestic sewing machines.)  It is like a swirl but a little different.  I will have to play with this one a little more.  I like how it turned out on this quilt.
This is a charity quilt made by another member of my local chapter of Quilts for Kids.  This quilt is a really scrappy one made with leftover blocks from a few other quilts.
Isn't this a fun quilt?  I love it when an experiment ends up being the perfect thing.
I'll be dropping this one off at the next meeting.  If you're local you should join us for the next workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.