Friday, April 24, 2015

Flower Garden

What do you do when you look through your stash and find all these floral prints?
You plan a quilt that will take advantage of these fabrics.  I used my Accuquilt Go! die cutter with the 6.5" tumbler die to cut all these pieces.
The label was a great opportunity to use a set of embroidery designs by Urban Threads.
All the embroidery designs used in this quilt are from Urban Threads.  The set is called Miniature Menagerie.  I recommend you check out their great embroidery designs.
I used several from this collection to add detail to some of the blocks.
As a larger quilt I had to take this one out to my three-season room to the long arm on the 10' frame. Some day I will have room in my house for a 12' long arm.  Someday.
I decided to quilt this one with a motif I learned from Free-Motion Quilting with Angela Walters:  Choose & Use Quilting Designs on Modern Quilts called Flower Power. 
Flower Power is one my favorite motifs.
It scales easily and you can use it as a great fill with little effort.  You can add more petals if you need to fill in an area.
I couldn't think of a better quilting design for this quilt than this one.
The texture created was just perfect.
Scrappy binding is the best!
I really like this one.  For the record, it didn't make much of a dent my collection of floral print fabrics.

Do you have a go-to quilting design that you love to free-motion quilt?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.