Friday, May 15, 2015

Charity Quilting: Exotic Animals

Sometimes when I'm getting ready to quilt something I pull out all the threads that I think will work with the top.
I usually match my top and bobbin threads to each other and don't worry about what is going on on the back of the quilt.  There are other schools of thought, but this is what works for me.
I pulled out a bunch of threads and picked the one I thought would be best and then grabbed a coordinating thread for the bobbin.  The top thread is King Tut from Superior Threads and the bobbin thread is Tailor Made 27 (this thread has been discontinued, Omni is a great substitute).  Both of these threads are great for long arm quilting.
This quilt top was pieced by another member of the Annapolis Quilts for Kids.
I quilted this one with a rolling wave that runs vertically in the quilt.  I think this really gives it a good sense of movement without being heavily quilted.  I would definitely use this as an all-over quilting design again.
I'll hand it over to another member of chapter for the binding and label to be attached.

What kind of group projects have you been doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.