Friday, May 22, 2015

The Dumpling Pouch

I picked up this fabric last year at Quilt Odyssey in Hershey, PA.  It has been sitting on my shelves since then waiting for me to come up with a good use for it.
I have been seeing these dumpling pouches all over Instagram.  There were a few swaps and they are cute.  So I decided to go find the pattern and get sewing.  (You can find this free pattern on Michelle Patterns site.)
Until I printed the pattern, I didn't realize how tiny these pouches are.  How tiny?  Too small to get my phone into.  (This is where I do not helpfully point out that my Samsung flip-phone or my Motorola Razor would have fit in here while my Samsung S4 does not.  That's progress for you.)

These pouches are so darling.  They don't offer much room to show off quilting, but they would be perfect for small gifts.  I think my future swap partners will be getting these as a great little extra.
I got a hot tip that you can super-size this pouch with minimal modification.  This one is going to be big enough for my smart phone.

I recommend you go check out more from Michelle Patterns.  She has loads of fun bags, pouches and clutches to choose from and more tutorials, too.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I love that kitty print fabric! How did you modify for the larger size?

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.