Monday, May 11, 2015

Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival 2015

May 2nd, 2015 was the day a friend and I trekked out to the Howard Co. Fairgrounds for the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival.  I've been going for a couple years now and I always spend more money than I plan but still have a great day.
Every year I go to see the Working Sheep Dog demonstration.  I absolutely love seeing a working dog work.  These dogs amaze me with their desire to work and move those sheep.
The sheep used in the demonstration on Saturday were a group of five, with one ewe at about 2 years and the others were yearlings.
Two handlers and four dogs.  Each demonstration put the dogs through their paces moving the sheep in desired ways.
This was the youngest working dog.  She was so intent on her work.  Each dog gets a chance to work the sheep and I love seeing their different styles.
This older dog is so intense he can almost move the sheep with a look.
The dreaded shoot obstacle challenges the dogs every year.  This one usually takes two dogs to complete successfully.
This is my pile of loot from the day.  I also walked about five miles at the festival.  I'll write some quick posts to cover the goodies throughout the coming weeks.  Watch on Wednesday for my current project.

Have you been to an event this spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.