Friday, May 8, 2015

Rainbow Mini Swap 2015

Last week I showed you the mini quilt I sent to my partner.  This week I want to show you the amazing mini quilt I received.
Nothing is quite as amazing as finding this in your mailbox.  It is like winning the lottery only it fits in the mailbox.
I often let the package sit on my table for a little while, savoring that it has arrived.  Then I have to rip it open and see what magic it holds.  This envelope was packed with awesome!
I had to pace myself.  I love that my maker Teri was so generous to include all these wonderful things.  I think the note card is the most important part of any swap (right behind follow through).  It is where you get to tell your partner something about your process and how much you enjoyed the making and gifting and how much you hope they like the item you've made just for them.
So many wonderful things in here.  Way more generous than I expected from any swap.  Fun things and handy things and just plain awesome things.  I need to put together a good name tag for guild so I can include all my pins and buttons and other bits of awesome.
Finally, the amazing rainbow mini quilt.  (Don't worry that chocolate was consumed far from this quilt and my sewing space.)  I can't use the word awesome again, so I'm going to have to find some more descriptive words.  Hold on....

Excellent, extraordinary, worthy, superior, amazing, and, and, well, awesome!  The colors, the background, the piecing, the quilting -- everything about it just makes me smile.  It hangs on my wall where I can see it and know that someone made it for me.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.