Friday, December 11, 2015

Adventures in Fleece: Fancy Hat

While I sit here, my head wrapped in warm fleece, it occurs to me that I should share this little piece of wonder with you. I have more fleece fabric than a person has a right to have. I also have an easy fleece hat pattern that I love to use to make hats for charity projects. I wanted to make something a little different.
I grabbed my notepaper and got to work. I designed the hat and got cutting. I have been using the Quick Curve Ruler by Sew Kind of Wonderful to cut the panels for my fleece hats and I love, love, love the technique. I used it again this time, but to cut six panels.
The overlock (Baby Lock Evolution) machine made quick work of my first draft. I think the band is a little loose, but I love the drape of the resulting hat. It isn't perfect, but it is a wearable first draft.

It's Friday. Are you excited about the latest clue from Bonnie Hunter for her Mystery Quilt Allietare?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.