Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Another Knitting Project Bag

After I finished my last knitting project bag I decided I needed a little more room if I was going to keep knitting shawls like a crazy person. I wanted a deeper bag so there was more room at the top of the pouch for the work.
I pulled out one of my coveted pieces of Spoonflower fabric and a coordinating solid. I pieced the front and back panels to fit my fabric. The pattern is Noodle-head's Open Wide Pouch.
Using a piece of white muslin as the backing fabric, I loaded the long arm with a piece of leftover cotton batting, basted the panels and free-motion quilted these waves.
After quilting I trimmed them to my desired size.
I always forget how much fabric can be taken up with quilting. I should have the bottom panel a little deeper to compensate for this. Not a tragedy, just a bag about 1/2 inch shorter than I had planned.
I wanted to capture both sides.
I love the mermaid as much as the tall ship on the other side. I added a wrist strap to make it easily carried. This is one of my favorite hacks for this bag.
This time I remembered to put my mark on the bag. I keep forgetting. Silly, since I have loads of these labels. Loaded up with my yarn and pattern. Perfect!

Do you have a favorite project bag that you love every thing about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.