Friday, May 6, 2016

Sewing Studio: Thread Storage

I've been slowing building up my collection of thread.
I've also found that storing that thread is not as easy as you would think. As I've said before, I belong to Superior Threads' thread of the month club for So Fine #50. This is my all-time favorite thread for machine quilting. It blends nicely and a joy to work with. Don't think this is just for long arm quilters, because it isn't. It is a great thread for piecing and quilting on your home sewing machine, too. I don't recommend things I don't use (and I'm not compensated to say any of this).
I asked a local carpenter if he could make me a thread rack to replace the smaller racks.
Something big enough to hold all this thread. He brought back this six-foot long wonder. It was up to us to hang it in the closet.
Drill, drywall anchors, screws, time and another set of hands and the new rack was installed.
Now I can see what I've got.

Room for more thread!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.