Monday, October 17, 2016

Knitting Update

I finally finished my shawl experiment. I may have over done it, but I love the finished piece.
Yarn is from Jill Draper. I didn't use a pattern as this was an experiment with short rows. I really like the results and I may write a pattern.
I've decided to get to work on an asymmetrical shawl I learned while doing the 5 Shawls in 5 Days challenge. If you want to learn about basic shawl shaping I highly recommend you check it out. This is my test to make sure I knew what I was doing with my lace edging. I used a lace edging design I found on a lace knitting blog. If you are interested in lace-knit edges I recommend you do a couple searches on you search engine of choice. You will find both charted and written directions for more lace than one person will ever need. I worked my sample in worsted so I could see what I was doing for the sample.
Once I had straightened myself out with the edge lace, I incorporated it into the shawl shape to make sure I was on the right track. I was so pleased that it went as quickly and easily as it did. The next step is to find the perfect yarn and knit up a small shawl. I think I can do that!
I've started on my Time Traveler Virus Shawl. I'm so glad I picked up this yarn from Knit Picks. It's just so much fun.

My quest for more shawls than any one person needs continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.