Friday, October 28, 2016

Odds and Ends

I participated in some totally unwarranted retail therapy over the weekend. I picked up some fabrics that I don't need but I couldn't walk away from. I see some holiday gifts in this pile of fun fabrics.
I came across this buck during one of my afternoon walks. It took him two tries to find a comfortable place to lie down.
 I pulled out my stack of holiday prints and decided it was time to make something with them. I swear, I do not buy these so I have no idea how some of them came to be in my house.
I'm using a pattern and ruler from Sew Kind of Wonderful. This is Metro Rings made with the Quick Curve Ruler. I figure I have enough holiday fabric to make a good-sized quilt with these. This is my first try at this pattern and some of my blocks are less than perfect. I'm getting better trimming and getting blocks close enough to the right size. So much to learn!
I've been making slow progress on my Time Traveler shawl. Pattern is Virus Shawl, yarn from Knit Picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.