Monday, June 12, 2017

Piecing a Cherry Christmas

As you know, the May 2017 UFO Challenge was number 3. Spring Water Designs is keeping me on-track to finish so many things this year. I made great progress and finished the top during the month of May. 
I tried a new technique for making this tumbler design look scrappy without having colors and prints pile up.

I've seen several requests in quilting groups asking about design walls. I use Cheryl Ann's Quilting Design Wall (72" by 72"). The design walls come in various sizes, is free-standing once assembled so you don't need a dedicated wall, breaks down and is easily portable in provided bag, holds blocks and pieces for planning, is lightweight and can be moved easily if needed.
I finished the top just a couple days before the end of May. I have made the binding and picked up the backing for this quilt. Now to find the time to quilt it. Looking at this photo makes me question my piecing abilities. A little bit of wave in that outer border. I'm sure it will quilt out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.