Monday, June 19, 2017

The Mermaid - Part Two

I made the time to get coloring with the Inktense Blocks and Inktense Pencils.
I colored with the blocks directly onto dry fabric and used the pencils to fill in finer lines and areas I wanted especially dark or intense.
When the fabric is dry, blending on fabric isn't that easy so I tried to lay down layers that could be blended when wetting the fabric.
Working with the blocks is messy business. Take this into consideration if you don't want "artist hands". The inks aren't staining on skin and clean up was as simple as soap and water. There is a danger of transferring this ink onto the fabric.
I got way, way carried away with the colors after I had started to wet the fabric and blend the colors. If I do this again, I won't add those background colors, I'll keep the focus on the mermaid, or whatever the subject may be.
The colors blended nicely and I was able to use the white to add highlights after I wet the inks. I really like the effect. This is another reason I'm sorry I colored the background. It just takes away from the mermaid. This image is when the work was still wet.

Keep an eye out for the next segment when I put it all together into a tote bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.