Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Countdown to Christmas

A few months ago I finished the quilting of Countdown to Christmas.
That quilt, with its binding, sat around for months before I got around to the binding.
I loaded the backing before I realized I hadn't stitched the label on the backing. That label ended up being stitched right onto the border. Because a label is more important than a label on the back.
These charm-pack tumbler quilts are a great way to use up a stack (I have several stacks) of 5" charm squares. This one uses six charm packs in the same line, plus a couple cut from the border fabric. I add a narrow 1" border followed by a 3" border (1 yard of each coordinating fabric is enough for this). This makes a substantial quilt that is perfect for gifting all year round.

This one wasn't on the list of 12 UFOs to finish this year, so this is bonus quilt.

You can find a ruler similar to the tumbler ruler I used on Amazon. They don't seem to carry the same one I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.