Monday, October 2, 2017

Travel Knitting

When I go on a trip, I plan to take a brand new knitting project with me. I usually pick a shawl pattern, mostly because I really enjoy knitting them. Last week I traveled for work and this time I picked Close To You (follow the link to this free pattern on Ravelry). Clearly written and perfect for one skein of yarn. The yarn is from Snallygaster Fibers.
I cast on at the first gate while waiting for the boarding call.
I knit from Baltimore to Chicago. I had no idea this flight was going to Chicago, so flying with Southwest continues to challenge my ideas about commercial air travel.
Then, Chicago to St. Louis.
At some point I finally made it to Portland, OR.
After several days of work (and no time to knit), I found myself back at PDX and waiting for the boarding call to get moving home.
After what seemed like forever (13 hours of traveling feels like forever when you just want to go home) I found myself back in Baltimore. This project is about half-way done but it will be a good take-along project for the next week or three. I don't let my time be wasted. If I'm riding in a car, or an airplane, I have time to knit and I'm going to make the most of it.

Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.