Monday, November 6, 2017

Baltimore MQG Retreat 2017

This past weekend I attended my very first quilting retreat with the wonderful members of the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild.
As this was my first retreat, I packed more things than I could accomplish. I packed this fun 30's reproduction print quilt. 400 half-square triangle units cut and ready to assemble. I also packed a few other things but this one was one I really wanted to make great strides with.
I set up my sewing station. That brilliant little clamp-on ironing board is available from Penny Marble Quilting. The travel iron (Steamfast SF-717 Home-and-Away Mini Steam Iron) is really awesome for its size and I recommend it if you travel or just want a small iron that heats up fast.
I pieced and pieced and pieced.
I finished all of those half-square triangle units by Saturday and got to assembling blocks.
These blocks finish at 15" by 15". I did find I was missing a single 3.5" square of fabric for the center, so I only manged to finish 24 of my intended 25 blocks.
This finished stack is just one of the things I finished during retreat.

I'll see you later in the week to share some of the other things I managed to finish during retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.