Friday, June 22, 2018

Totes!

This tote called the Fat Sack by Atkinson Designs was shared on one of the many groups I'm a member of on Facebook. I decided to give it a try.
I found my stack of decorator canvas and colorful denim while searching for some felt I have around here somewhere. I didn't have enough of one print to make an entire tote, so I did a little mixing and matching. It's a quick and simple pattern and if you're looking for a sizable tote it will serve you well. I do recommend using heavier fabrics. The double bottom is genius for grocery totes!

Sadly, it isn't quite big enough to replace the tote I was hoping to replace so I'll have to do some calculations and make another, or two. I'll be sure to share the outcome. I like making bags with different techniques to learn new things and this one certainly fit the bill.

1 comment:

  1. I made one using this technique since I needed a laundry bag for the camper, but I'm not loving it. I like the double bottom, but it's super floppy. I started with a rectangle about 25 inches wide and WOF, and used a 6" pleat for a roughly 12" square bag that is about 2' deep. I'm going to topstitch the pleat and maybe a crease at each corner to square it up a little more. You could make these out of an interfaced panel and that might help stiffen it, but you'd still have the exposed seams and I hate having to drag out a machine that does zigzag.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.