Friday, June 29, 2018

Thread Problem

If you follow me on Instagram or read my blog regularly you know I have a subscription to Superior Threads thread of the month club. I belong to the So Fine #50 club and I love getting thread every month. This also means I have a thread problem. Or, maybe just a thread storage problem.
I have several June Tailor Cone Thread Racks that I have picked up over the years. I even used one to have a local carpenter make me a rack to fit this space. Sadly, he thought he was doing me a favor by placing the pegs closer together. That means the cones bump into each other and I can't use some of the pegs at all. We decided to make a replacement ourselves. We picked up all of the lumber I estimate we need. We even picked up a brand new Rockwell BladeRunner Portable Tabletop Saw so we could make the hundreds of cuts we would need to make my bigger and better thread rack. This is the kind of tool we will use again and again.
We did all the cutting on Sunday morning, before we decided it was just too miserable to be outside in the humidity. This is what approximately 428 pegs (each is 3" long) looks like. If it works out, that's how many cones of thread my new thread rack will hold. Next, we need a drill press to drill the 428 holes those pegs fit into. According to Superior Threads' website, So Fine #50 comes in 143 colors. I should be good to go.

1 comment:

  1. I am jealous of your thread closet. Storing those big cones is a big problem for me too. My Bernina loves So Fine on top and Bottom Line on the bottom so my stash is pretty big too. I have dogs so I have to keep all my threads and fabrics in containers to keep the hair off.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.