Friday, July 20, 2018

Dead Inside

A couple years ago I was at a local yarn & fiber party and watched a fellow knitter go bonkers over a knitting bag made with The Walking Dead fabric. At the time, I hadn't seen but a couple episodes of the first season, so I shrugged it off. Later, while doing some online shopping, I found the same fabric and added a yard of it to my virtual shopping cart. I finally got around to watching several seasons of The Walking Dead and using some of that fabric.
I paired the print with with some black marine vinyl I picked up locally at a chain fabric store. I used a coordinating solid for both the lining and the strap. 
I carefully curated the side panels so I could get as much punch out of the placement as possible. This is the back of the bag zipper pocket. I have started putting my label on the back instead of on the inside. 
I received this order of hardware and webbing from Strapworks.com so I could finish up the project have plenty of goodies for future projects. 
The back of the bag with the top zipper attached. At this point things go rather quick. The bag gets its structure from the fusible fleece on the outer panels. 
The finished bag from the front. This is my standard cross-body handbag. The strap is adjustable. There is a zippered pocket on the back of the bag. One main bag section, with three pockets suitable to hold your cell phone against the back of the bag, and it all closes up with a zipper top. It measures about 10" tall and 10" wide, 3" deep across the bottom. Someday I will write the pattern for this bag. Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.