Monday, July 30, 2018

Bubblegum Pink Shawl

During the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival this year I picked up entirely too much yarn. I'm constantly looking for new projects to use some of that yarn. This project uses the two sock blanks you see above, from Flat Feet.
I grabbed two cakes of yarn, my crochet hook, and did a couple test pieces to decide which fabric I liked better. In the end, the one on the bottom won.
I used that sample to get started on a new shawl. I crocheted in the car.
I crocheted at breakfast.
I tested out edging and ripped it back.
I decided on an edging and got hooking.
I crocheted at breakfast some more. I mostly crocheted during evening television time. We've been watching House
In the end, I had a shawl that turned out pretty nice after blocking.
It's a pretty good size, which is nice since it took about 100 grams of fingering weight yarn. 
The edging is lacy, but not too lacy.

Overall, a great project. I think I might use this edging again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.