Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Home Improvement is(n't) Glamorous

The full bath on the main level had this switch and outlet combo when we moved in three years ago. the cover plate doesn't match the outlet or the switches and is painted over in spots. It worked, so we didn't mess with it. On Friday, the switch that controls the light decided it was done. It was over being a servant to our wishes for light or the lack of light, so it quit. Everything else in the box worked fine (the exhaust fan turned on and off and the outlets provided power). That doesn't mean you can just change the bit that's broken. 
We replaced the switches, the outlet, and the cover. I even convinced Darling Husband we needed a better (shorter) extension cord for all the things a family likes to power in the bathroom. There was some wiring confusion on my part during reassembly. We got it sorted, tested, and closed back up. What I expected to be a 30 minute project turned out to take 60 minutes. I also changed out the shower curtain liner, but that isn't even half as glamorous as the electrical work.

By the way, that nightlight is multi-color, with motion sensor, and includes a battery so it comes on when you lose power.

1 comment:

  1. You are ultra talented! I wouldn't even dare try to do my own wiring. The new outlet looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.