Wednesday, March 7, 2018

2017 Baltimore MQG Mystery Quilt

This is the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild 2017 Mystery Quilt. The first clue of the 2018 mystery is going to be handed out this month and I wanted to work on the 2017 mystery quilt so I wouldn't feel so guilty about starting the new one.
I spent a bunch of time thinking about how to quilt this one. The stars wanted their own quilting and that dark orange strip really wanted the right color thread. I don't always do custom quilting but when I do it seems to take forever.
I think the texture is perfect! In hindsight, I likely could have quilted it all with the light gray thread I used for the background and the stars.
Now for some binding! The binding is made up of leftover dark orange and more than a few strips of the blue used for the stars.
I've named this one Royal Point. Quilted and bound! Just in time to go to the next meeting of the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild

This quilt is number 12 on my Get It Done UFO Challenge 2018 list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.