Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Charity Quilting: Postage Stamp

This quilt top was made and donated to Annapolis Quilts for Kids
It's been sitting here waiting to get quilted for a month or more.  I finally got around to it and I love the finished quilt.
Waldo approves.  Some day I'll put together my own postage stamp quilt.  Or just some scrap vomit quilt with these scraps I seem to be collecting.
Because I was in a quilting mood but not a fancy mood I just did a small meander to get it all quilted.  The meander may be humble but it is good at its job and I love it for that.
You may be wondering why there is a flower just hanging out in the middle of the quilt. I found a bad seam after I had quilted half the quilt.  While I tried to stitch over it, I just didn't think it was good enough so I cut out an applique flower with the Accuquilt Go! and quilted it right onto the top.  It isn't perfect but it will hold up better than it would have without that flower.  
I love scrappy and this quilt is no exception.  I went with the scrappy binding on this one.  I wish it was scrappier!
All folded up and ready to go in a couple weeks.  I'm going to try to stay focused and get a couple more quilted before the next meeting on October 18th.  

Do you quilt for charity?  I'd love to hear about it.

1 comment:

  1. last year I made 12 Quilts for mission organizations. This year so far only 7 but two are on the go. I love how happy yours is.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.