Monday, October 6, 2014

In The Mail Monday: Vintage Sewing Machine Parts

I recently placed an order with Cindy at Stitches in Time.  She is a great source for reproduction sewing machine parts for your vintage Singer and other vintage sewing machines.
I needed some bobbins for the Singer 115 that I intend to convert to a hand-crank.  The hand-cranks weren't in stock but Cindy said she would let me know when they came in.  I got a copy of her brochure/price list so now I don't have to bother her about prices for every little thing.
I used up all the bobbin winder tires I had from an order I placed on eBay months ago so I ordered some more of those.  I totally lost the bobbin case for my Singer 15-91.  I know I had it in 2008 or 2009 but I have no idea where it might be now.  I also got a replacement bobbin cover plate for my really clunky (meaning rusty and electrically dangerous) Spartan since it didn't have one when I bought it.  I had her throw in some felt pads for all of the vintage machines for good measure.  Shipping was quick and communication was excellent.

For your vintage machine parts you can reach Cindy at stitchesintime@earthlink.net.

In case you didn't hear, Sam Hunter of Hunter Design Studio is having a blog hop to promote her book.  You should totally go check it out.  Why?  Because you could win a copy of Sam's book Quilt Talk and make your own paper-pieced masterpiece!  I got my copy last month and I need to sit still long enough to make something awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.