Monday, January 19, 2015

In The Mail Monday: Books, Bags and Zippers!

I realized that I haven't done one of these in a while.  I've gotten a few smiles in the mail the last few weeks.
I mentioned that I joined a swap to make some wonderful bags using the pattern and tutorial from Noodlehead.  I found I didn't have very many zippers in the proper size, so I ordered a fistful to make up for my general lack of 12" zippers.  It seems I am not able to buy just a few zippers.  I ended up with 50 new zippers!  Don't tell my DH. 
If you want a fistful (or two, or three) of zippers in a rainbow of colors I highly recommend checking out the great deals you can get from ZipIt Zippers.  I now have 25 new 12" zippers and some 10" and 14" zips in case I want to make different sized bags.
This is the bag I won from the fun give-away that The Green Bag Lady hosted.  Here it is stuffed with a charity quilt for Quilts for Kids.  The Green Bag Lady is doing another give-away.  If pink is your color you need to go there and enter, but hurry "DEADLINE FOR THE FREEBIE IS 9pm (MST) Tuesday, Jan 20."
At the last meeting of the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild our president passed around her brand new copy of Patchwork City by Elizabeth Hartman.  I loved all the different blocks and had placed my order for a copy before the end of the meeting.  I think I may have to pull from this one for the bee I have joined with other members of the guild.  I need to get to work!  I'm the queen bee for February!

Have you gotten any happy mail recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.