Friday, October 16, 2015

Charity Quilting: Scrappy Feathers

This fun quilt was put together by another member of Annapolis Quilts for Kids. Before I started my big move, I handed over a stack of scraps and some scrappy blocks I had made so they could be used while I was out of commission.  This is one of those quilts.
I love a scrappy quilt and this one is no exception.  Many of the alternate blocks were cut from leftover backing.  This is a great way to add some contrast.  Included in this quilt are 9-patch blocks, split 9-patch blocks, string blocks (built on paper foundations), and a couple friendship stars.  Directions for almost all of these can be found on Bonnie Hunter's site Quiltville.  She is the quilt-queen of scrappy.  Totally worth checking out.

This one was quilted with Magnifico from Superior Threads with some super-sized feathers.  I'm still working on them.  I don't know that they are quite ready for prime-time.

Quilt Count:  33

1 comment:

  1. omg, I've been trying to find your blog for months. I asked you once why it was so hard, and I think I made you angry but it took many screens and searches today to find this. It doesn't just come up on google plus. Anyway... I liked the Annapolis pix but wondered where they are down there?
    You and I are so geographically close we could see an exhibit together sometime if you like. Do not be cross with me for technological challenges I face lol. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.