Monday, February 15, 2016

A Pop of Color

Because I was distracted by knitting up a worsted shawl (winter weather does strange things to my brain) I had time to go shopping and pick up some more yarn for my fingering weight shawl.
A friend had told me about a knit shop that I hadn't been to before. I was in the nearby area so I popped in to see if they had some superwash fingering weight that would coordinate with my two cakes of Knit Picks Stroll, a hand-painted fingering weight yarn. I stopped into the Knitting Boutique and found this fun pop of green-yellow that will create what I hope will be a fun pop of color in my next West Knits shawl. If you're in the area, you should check them out. They have locally spun and dyed yarn in a variety of fibers and colors.
I sat still with Inkscape long enough to come up with a basic design for an in-the-hoop stuffed heart to celebrate Valentine's Day. Drawing the heart shape wasn't terribly difficult. Creating the in-the-hoop embroidery design was the hardest part. It still needs work, and I'm not sure this is the best font but I really like how it turned out. I need to dig into my embroidery software a little more to see what I'm missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.