Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Winding Up Fun

My Aunt Betty brought me a bag of fingering yarn. I'm going to have a blast playing with these.
Step one was to grab these two hanks of yarn and get them caked up for knitting. This is Knit Picks Stroll hand-painted in the colorway Make Believe. They always have something on sale and their yarn is reasonably priced and great to work with.
Here is my ball winder and yarn swift in action. You can buy your own from Knit Picks. This is by far one of my best knitting tool purchases.
Step two was to pick a pattern. I decided to try out Dotted Rays from West Knits. I had such a great time stitching up The Doodler that I wanted to try more from Stephen West.

Now all I need is the time to get this cast on. What kind of projects have you started this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.