Monday, February 8, 2016

Tiny Zipper Pouches!

Many moons ago I purchased a stack of 5" zippers from Zip It Zipper Supply. (If you want to buy zippers in a rainbow of colors and a load of sizes I totally recommend you check out the shop. Best deal on zippers I have found so far along with awesome service.)
I bought these zippers to make a stack of dice bags. I picked up a stack of black zippers and a rainbow of colored zippers. You can find a tutorial for making one of these zippered pouches at my Zippered Dice Bag Tutorial page. Even after all those pouches (there were more than what you see in the photo above) I still had zippers. This means that when I find a tutorial for a project that uses a 5" zipper I've got to give it a go.
This time I came across the Circle Zip Earbud Pouch from Dog Under My Desk. I grabbed some scraps and got cutting. I used my amazing circle cutting ruler for this. I've used that ruler for cutting circles and half circles and have yet to use it to cut curved pieces for a quilt. If you have some 5" charms you can make this pouch. I cut these out one night after work but had to set them aside for finishing on Saturday.
I rarely use my pinking shears, so this pattern was a nice way to dig them out of the drawer. Working at this scale can be challenging. Go slow when stitching and you'll be happier with the finish.
If I was going to make these again might rethink the batting choice. I like the substance of the pouch, but it could be sturdy and not bulky if I used a sturdy interfacing instead of batting.

This was a fun diversion. Have you come across any fun small projects?

Next tiny pouch will be the Teeny Tiny Zipper Pouch from So Sew Easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.