Monday, February 1, 2016

Tool Tip: Pattern Storage Idea

Do you have a collection of patterns that are just sheets from your printer?
Pages that fall from the table and spill around the base of your cutting table? Pages that get lost and then you have to print another page? Well, I'm here to tell you that I've got a plan to help with this. I propose the poly snap envelop (you could use a plain paper envelope and glue the pattern cover to the front if you aren't a fan of poly). I picked up a five-pack of these semi-clear poly envelops from the office supply store. You can usually find them singly in colors, or in a five-pack of clear. I want to easily see what is inside so I picked up the clear.
I have this stack of patterns (well, this stack of patterns). They were mostly stacked here and there on my cutting table. They were my test subjects.
It may seem like such a small thing, but to me this is just awesome! I don't want to be printing patterns again if I don't have to. This also keeps all the cut out pattern pieces corralled into one place so I don't lose a piece, or two. I picked up some more of these envelopes and as I find or print other patterns I'll be tucking them inside.

Do you have any quick tips for pattern storage? I'd love to hear about how you stay organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.