Monday, September 12, 2016

Charity Quilting the 6" Square

I had an appointment with the gas fitter to inspect the work done during the replacement of the HVAC equipment for my house. The window of arrival was 0730-1500, because inspectors like to have their schedule open. I took the day off work so I could meet this demanding schedule. I spent some of that time quilting. Okay, maybe I spent most of that time quilting.
I grabbed my stack of 6.5" squares and started playing on the design wall. A quilt like this only takes a few blocks and works up rather quickly.
So quickly that I made two that day. I see more than a few of these in my future. I made these two (including backing) with fabric from my wonderful collection of fabrics and I'm sure I could find more than a few more quilts hiding in there. I haven't been very good at keeping up with the Sew My Stash 2016 movement but I'm still making things from fabric I already have. I just need to try harder.

Once I get the binding added these will be headed to Annapolis Quilts for Kids.

2016 Charity Quilt Count: 35

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.