Friday, September 23, 2016

Travel Time: Portland, OR

Last week I boarded a plane and headed off to Portland, OR. This was a business trip, but I did see some fun things along the way. I got to see the airport in Minneapolis.
 If my limited research on Google is to be believed, this is Mount Hood.
Here I am at PDX.
Where the carpet is internet-famous. If you don't believe me, just do a search for #pdxcarpet on Instagram.
I attended the ION GNSS+ 2016 at the Oregon Convention Center.
Oregon, where we don't care if you stand up or sit down to pee.
There is a dragon boat floating in the convention center. (Okay, not floating, it's on wires, but it does seem to float above the floor, way above the floor.)
On Thursday I headed back home. Isn't the sunrise pretty?
This time my layover was in Atlanta, GA.
Delta has these tablet-like things imbedded in the seat back so you can track your progress. It will show you position, speed, and the temperature. The most important for me, was the estimated time to arrival. Not that that time allows for the time it will take to deplane, find the baggage claim, claim your bag and get out to the curb for your ride.
On the ground in Baltimore. I didn't go on many adventures during my time there, my days were filled with conferences, and meetings, and running around for work. I did find my way over to a great little knit shop and I'll share that adventure with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.