Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Countdown to Christmas

For several years I belonged to the charm pack club by Fat Quarter Shop. Every month, rain or shine I would receive a stack of charm packs. I would often buy a couple yards of coordinating fabric, too.
This went on for a while and then I realized I may never work through all those squares so I cancelled my subscription. When I need an easy project, I pull out those charm squares and make a plan.
I picked up the 5" tumbler template by Natalie Dawn for Missouri Star Quilt Co. at a quilt shop in Connecticut a couple years ago. It is a great way to quickly trim those charms into shape. I trimmed all the squares and cut a couple extra from my yardage.
I didn't do much planning for this one. I was looking for simple construction.
This one will finish as a good sized throw quilt or would be great on a twin bed.
I used the yardage to add a couple borders. Now all it needs is a backing, quilting, and binding. I did cut the binding from some of the striped fabric.

I wish I could tell you that this project was on my 2017 UFO Challenge list but it wasn't. It was just some fabric I could pull from my collection and stitch up into a quilt. I should go see what is on that list before I start something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.