Saturday, March 11, 2017

Knitting Update: Hale Bopp

I've been working on this shawl for a while. this is Hale Bopp, a mystery knit along put on by Ambah O'Brien. I've purchased more than a few of her patterns and I thought I would enjoy this mystery.
I did't bet past the cast on before I'd learned something new, which is always a good thing with mystery projects. Learning something new because you decided to try something new and never giving it a second thought. This shawl starts with the Turkish cast on. I think it is commonly used for toe-up socks.
This pattern called for three different yarns. I pulled out three colors of Chroma Twist fingering from Knit Picks and decided that I was ready for the mystery even when ombre yarns hadn't been recommended. I really like to live dangerously! I love this yarn and want to buy more. I am trying to be good and stick to what I have.
I've completed the first clue and most of the second clue. The fourth clue was just released yesterday (when you weren't getting my regular Friday blog post) so I'm not likely to catch up anytime soon.

I'm hoping I can find some time to get more done over the next couple weeks as I feel like I'm falling behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.