Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Not Following the Directions

Like with many written patterns, I sometimes have a problem following the directions. Not because I can't understand them, or they are bad. Just that they don't fit what I want to do. This is one of those projects. The pattern for this shawl is called Longwing and you can find it on Ravelry and on Knitty.
I wanted a simple-ish shawl to make up with a single ball of Noro sock. I picked this pattern because of the shape. I like it when designers do something unexpected with their design.
I'm a big fan of knitting in public. You should check out the tag on Instagram sometime.
I finished it up and gave it a good bath before blocking.
This is another small shawl that plays nicely as a scarf.
Another fun finish made with some of the loot from Aunt Betty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.