Monday, February 12, 2018

Something Fishy

Last week I took the day off to take our pup to have her teeth cleaned. That story is too long and expensive to repeat so I'll just move on to the fabric store. 
I purchased Choly Knight's wonderful Slouchy Fleece Fish Hat pattern the day after it was released and decided this would be a great day to pick up some fleece. Sure, I have pounds and pounds of fleece, but I didn't have any orange, pink, white, or yellow. I may have gotten a little carried away with my purchases, but the fleece was half-price. My basket of fleece (more than 10 yards worth) cost about $65, and will keep me busy for the rest of the year.
Eyes are the number one reason I no longer had white fleece. I'd used it all up, even the tiny pieces. Not that these eyes are tiny. 
The eyes, fins, and tails for two carp.
What kind of carp? Why, Magikarp, of course. I didn't add the whiskers, even though the pattern gives instructions. I just didn't think I needed them. 
This was such a great project! I will be making a school of fish hats in a rainbow of colors.

If you want to learn to work with fleece, you should really check out Choly Knight's blog Sew Desu Ne? You will find loads of free patterns to try out and great tutorials for working with fleece, minky, and felt to make both clothing and plush critters.

1 comment:

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.