Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Perkiomen Valley Finish

About a month ago I started this project and shared it in this blog post.
I finally got the quilt loaded on the frame. I tried to fit in a little bit of time each evening to quilt, but that only happened a couple nights. I finished it up over the weekend.
I meandered in the dark colored blocks with brown and did this alternating block treatment in with cream in the light colored blocks.
I used Superior Thread So Fine for the top thread and a matching Omni in the bobbin.
Once it was done, I had to take a picture of the backing. I always match my top and bobbin threads. That means I can sometimes get an interesting effect on the back of the quilt.
Bound and ready for a trip to California.

Directions to make the Perkiomen Valley Block can be found on the Ventura Modern Quilt Guild's blog.

Others bloggers talking about the Thomas Fire and the Quilts from the Ashes project:
From my Carolina Home
QuiltShopGal
Super Buzzy - this site has great info with many more links and has a list of those that have already contributed

Have you made a block or two to help out people touched by hurricanes, floods, fires, or other natural disasters in the last twelve months? Do you have a project that is close to your heart? I would love to hear about it.

2018 Charity Quilt Count: 14

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.