Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Maryland Sheep and Wool 2018

After looking at my post for the 2017 Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival I realize how much restraint I showed this year when it came to shopping. I'll get to the yarn in a bit. I want to share a few of the sights of the show.
The last couple years we have camped at Ramblin' Pines beginning on Friday evening and departing on Sunday morning. This makes for an early start for the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival. This year, I was in line before 8 am . By the time the gate opened, the line was probably 3-4 times longer than when I stepped up. This was the first year I purchased my ticket online. It seemed a quicker choice than paying cash. I don't think the ticketed line moved much faster, though.
There were a couple nervous alpaca. Look at those lashes!
Like every year, I went to the working dog show. I love to watch these pros at work. 
The sheep are about a year old, the dogs range in age from 1 year to 12 years. I love to see the dogs because you can see their desire to do the work they have been bred to do. 
I even found a few fluffy bunnies in the rabbit barn.
In the end, I didn't come away with that much yarn. I would have shopped more if the human crush didn't get to be so, so uncomfortable. If I look in a booth and there doesn't seem to be room for another single human in there I move on, no matter how much I want something they have. I'm also not one to stand in a line 20-30 people long. Don't worry, I won't run out of yarn any time soon.

I do really like every yarn I picked up this year. I don't have precise plans for these, but I'm hoping to do better than I did last year since I still have so much of that yarn not even caked up.

This year's mad loot includes: (from the left side)
KnittyAndColor - a fun speckle skein called "Bitchin!"I had to have, and a mini to go with it
Hobbledehoy Yarns & Fiber - a yellowish green called "Wormwood"
Coughlin's Homespun Yarns - couple Flat Feet sock flats by Conjoined Creations in somewhat matching pinks
Yarn Hygge - two skeins of SW 2ply sock called "Cosmic Dawn"
Bottom: Into The Whirled - one skein of Pokokku Sock called "Captain Tightpants" because I will not be denied a yarn with such an amazing name

Now I need to go work on all the projects I have in progress so I can get to work on this new yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.