Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Blueberry Charm

Several years ago I subscribed to the Moda Charm Pack Club. At the time, the Fat Quarter Shop would send six of the same 5" charm pack to you every month. It was great! It was also a way to fill up my collection with 5" charms. I gave up the subscription a while back but I still have loads of charm packs. Sometimes I even have some coordinating yardage. 
Last weekend I pulled out a stack along with two one-yard cuts of coordinating fabric. This is Blueberry Crumb Cake by Blackbird Designs. 
The first step was to sort those charm packs into stacks. You can tell winter is coming. My photos are coming out blurry. 
I decided to make a simple layout with pluses. I didn't realize how challenging it would be to use those charms for this layout. I'm still rearranging. Partly to make sure I get full pluses and partly to make it so you can see each one clearly. Looking at this layout I already like what I see. I just need to spend a week rearranging those squares. Do you have fabric that has been waiting years to become something? If you are waiting for a sign, this is it. Use that fabric! Make something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.