Monday, November 14, 2022

Getting Hexie With It

I've been thread basting my hexies. By the way, these are my absolute favorites scissiors for snipping thread. I have a pair near my long arm and this pair in my hexie kit. Linked at the bottom of the post. 
I decided to give the Sewline Fabric Glue Pen a try. 
This kit (linked at the bottom of the post) comes with the glue pen and one refill. 
One is basted with thread, the other with glue. I don't sew through the papers when basting. I only stitch through the fabric on the back side. This means the papers are easier to remove when it comes time to do so. 
I'm pleased enough with the results that I plan to keep using the glue basting; at least until I run out. It is quicker that thread basting, though not by much. That will give me enough time to decide if I really like it better. Have you tried both thread and glue basting for English paper piecing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.