Friday, November 25, 2022

Sock Sack

I wanted a small zippered bag suitable for washing hand knit or machine knit wool socks. I grabbed a fun print and cut two 12.5" squares. 
I chose that size for a couple reasons, the most important was that I have pretty big selection of 12" zippers. If you make bags and are looking for a small business solution to zippers I highly recommend ZipIt Zippers on Etsy. Excellent service and selection. 
Less than an hour later I had my finished sack. There are some things I would change if I make it again but it was a great first try. I constructed it with French seams so it won't fray in the wash. 
While small, it is still big enough to hold three pairs of socks. I wash my wool socks in the machine on a warm wash and then lay flat to dry afterwards. The bag makes it easy to find those socks and lay them out before the rest of the load goes into the dryer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.