Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Getting Hexie With It

As I was working on my hexie flowers I realized I didn't know where the rest of the flowers were hiding. This later afternoon sun is not helping me take good photographs. 
I poked around in my sewing room until I found what I was looking for: a box labeled "Hexies". Sometimes I get it right. So many great things in that box. A big stack of finished flowers, two more 5" charm packs, a bunch of hexie papers, and some larger pieces of coordinating fabric. 
I cut those last 5" charms into 2.5" charms and put them with the hexie papers. I'll be basting for a while. I may splurge and buy some basting glue. I'm not sure, though. Thread basting is great for using up that questionable poly thread I've had for years. The thread only has to last long enough to get the quilt top pieced. However long that will take. Have you been working on any long-term projects? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.