Sunday, February 9, 2014

Saturday Shopping Adventure

On Saturday, Darling Husband wanted to drive down to southern Maryland to look at campers. He lured me in with a promise of a visit to Material Girls Quilt Boutique.  How could I argue with that?
They have a really good selection of 108" backing fabrics. Sure, many would say two shelves isn't that good, but since most shops have three or four bolts, this was a major find. I picked up three yards for my next big quilt.  I just don't want to piece a backing for a queen-size quilt.
I found the bin full of laminated cottons. I considered buying some to make bags, but I just have too many other projects to get done.
Their wall of solids and tone-on-tone fabrics would simplify my life if I had come with something I just had to match.  I picked up a couple yards of Kona in dark blue for a quilt I have planned but found I just didn't have enough background fabric.  Thankfully, any solid will work. 
This morning, I pieced a couple scrappy blocks before breakfast.  I like their wonky points. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.