Friday, September 19, 2014

Modern Feathers

It has been ages since I pieced some feathers for this collaborative quilt for the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild.
Last Sunday at the guild meeting, I took possession of the quilt top and binding.  When I got it home I layered it all together and looked at it.  And looked at it.  Then, I just got quilting.  This thing wasn't going to quilt itself. 
There are so many different ways this could have been quilted.  So many ways any quilt can be quilted.  I decided to do simple filler that wasn't too dense for the background and let the feathers speak for themselves.  I did some very limited stitching on the feathers just to give them some texture.  The fabrics do all the talking.

This quilt was a little challenging as I used both simple ruler-work and free-motion to get it all stitched.
I'm really pleased with the overall effect.  All that remains is to trim and attach the binding.
I made sure I attached the label to the backing before I quilted it.  Simple yet effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.