Friday, January 15, 2016

Quilting for Guild

As you may know, I'm a member of the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild.

Recently I was asked to participate in a guild quilt for our out-going president. I said I would do it and I'm so glad to share it with you. The blocks were made by the many members of the guild and assembled by the most amazingly generous Janet, our new president.

This quilt is a wonderful collection of different improvisational blocks that come together is such a great way. I loaded it onto the frame and hoped it would speak to me a little. Sometimes I know exactly what to quilt. Other times I have to wait to see what I can come up with.
I finally decided to use an all-over wave but include triangles that appeared randomly and were more densely quilted.
The triangles were stitched with rulers and then filled in free-hand.
I like the overall affect and I'm glad I decided to mix an organic fill with very structured pieing and ruler-work.
The back of this quilt is pretty awesome, too. I handed the quilt back to Janet and it was handed over to Amy for the binding and during the Sunday meeting it was given to Deb, our past president.
I'm really glad I got to be a part of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.