Monday, January 25, 2016

The Aftermath of Winter Storm Jonas

In case you hadn't heard, there was some snow that fell on the eastern seaboard.
A bit of it fell in my yard. On the sidewalk. On the driveway. And on my car. You can just see my reasonably-priced sedan. It's hiding under that white stuff. Maybe buying the white one wasn't such a good idea.
On closer inspection, the pile on top of my car doesn't look any more reassuring. Darling Husband and I spent 10 man-hours digging our vehicles out and clearing a path down the drive to the street. The sun came out and the temps reached a wonderful 32 degrees.
Once we found my car, I discovered this fun fin extension on the back. Someone on Instagram said it would help me go faster. I still don't believe it.
The throne of the winter king! This was the last patch in the driveway. Where the plow had piled the snow at the curb it was a solid three feet of dense pain-in-the-back. I'm so glad this is an uncommon occurrence here in Maryland. I'm so glad I don't live in Montana any more.
We wished we had a snow blower. We wished we had another snow shovel. We wished we were younger.  We'll be sore long past the Monday that our workplaces are closed. But we had a great day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in Columbia. Hoping my court gets plowed today. Not looking forward to clearing the plow wall from behind my car.

    Barbara at Stash Overflow

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had snow blower envy too. SO much snow. The plow left it in VERY high ridges. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.