Friday, January 29, 2016

Stitching up Dice Bags

A while back I placed an order from Spoonflower for some custom printed fabric. I wanted to make some dice bags and I found the perfect fabric.
Dice Galore - Assorted, is a fun fabric design from pi-ratical. Also in the shop are other colorways of this print, other dice prints, and other fun prints. I used Black and Creme D20 for the lining.
I grabbed a copy of the great free pattern from Dragon Chow and got cutting. I cut enough for two bags since it doesn't take that much longer to cut and stitch two at the same time. Here are my cut out panels.
Dragon Chow also has a Facebook page but it is really quiet. Still a great place to go to get the free pattern. These little bags are perfect because they don't fall over and spill across the gaming table.
The drawstring is a piece of paracord cut to 24" and then the ends are finished with a figure-eight stopper knot (because I'm a sailor, dammit!). The cord stops are from Strapworks.com

From start to finish this project took me about an hour. Just the kind of thing I can sneak into a weeknight after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.